Free Shipping on orders over $250

Whey Protein Isolate

Whey Protein Isolate

WHEY PROTEIN ISOLATE

You've probably heard of the ‘curds and whey’ involved in the making of cheese, and while at one time whey was discarded as a waste-product, it is now recognised as a beneficial nutrient in its own right. In recent years, whey protein has been extracted from milk and developed into Whey Protein Isolate (WPI) – a protein supplement that can be particularly beneficial for fitness enthusiasts and bodybuilders.

Whey makes up approximately 20% of the protein content of cows milk, with casein comprising the other 80%.Whey protein isolate supplement has an almost pure protein content – close to 90%. It is produced through an ultra-fine filtration process, resulting in a product composed of short-chain peptides. The main advantage of this process is the WPI’s very fast absorption into the body – which can be particularly beneficial during the exercise recovery period you really need fast muscle rebuilding and repair.

According to Sports Dieticians Australia (SDA), whey contains a particularly high level of leucine. This amino acidplays a strong role in protein synthesis and muscle rebuilding. The purity of the product also means that your digestion is not slowed down by the presence of other macronutrients, such as fats. WPI is also very low in lactose, making it suitable for those who are lactose-intolerant.

Whether you’re an athlete, bodybuilder, or fitness enthusiast, whey protein isolate can help provide the quickly absorbed extra protein levels you require, when taken as part of a balanced diet.

Protein For Athletes
Considered the “best” protein supplement (until hydrolysed protein powder came on the scene) the Whey Protein Isolates (WPI) protein powder is the most commonly sold pure protein powder to aid in recovery. Extremely high ratios of protein (containing excellent amounts of BCAA's) to carbs and fats, fast digestion and value per serve make it an outstanding supplement of choice for most men and women wanting to build LEAN muscle.

Isolates are processed to remove the fat, and lactose, but are usually lower in bio-active compounds found in Whey Protein Concentrates (WPC) protein powder (which have been found to increase absorption) — they are 90%+ protein by weight. The absorption time for amino acids from Whey Protein Isolates protein powder is estimated between 10 minutes to 1 hour to be fully digested.

Whey protein powders are essential in the bodybuilding world today because of its ability to be digested very rapidly. This allows the protein to become available for muscle building very quickly. Most commonly it is used after workouts to help increase levels of amino acids in the blood, which are taken up by the muscles to ultimately increase mass. In addition, during exercise, whey helps open up blood flow by inhibiting an angiotensin-converting enzyme which originally constricts blood vessels; this allows better flow of nutrients to necessary areas to help repair and rebuild muscle tissues.

5 Item(s)

per page

5 Item(s)

per page